Friday, July 17, 2009

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tonight has been a good night. I am relaxed and content. I have been listening to a slow, romantic, night time mix that I made a couple days ago. Brittni and I made some tea. It has just been so good. It is what I need. I need these time to reflect on what is going on in my life. Otherwise, I become blinded by business. I will live in a state of chaos until I sit down and evaluate things. I just need my recharge time. My "me" time.

I love the quote above. Oh Ralph, you are just too wise. There is something to be said about the power that lies within an individual. A person has the power to love and the power to kill. We have to power to make decisions that affect the rest of our lives. Yes, the past does have some power over us, but we cant change it. It is nothing compared to what is in you right now. Aperson can look at the future in the same aspect. They let their plans and their obsessive dreams take over them. They don't let the beauty and spirit that is within them at that very moment come out because they are saving those for something bigger and better. There is something of value, of power, of mystery that lies within us all at this very moment. To some it may be scary to let loose and let this take over.
I do not want to live for some picture perfect future life.
So, in my own words or some other guys.
"Go big or go home"
Why not?

No comments: