Sunday, July 12, 2009

There is nothing like summer. It's so good. Even though the temperature and humidity make me think that I live in the depths of hell, it's still all good. I love grilling out, drinking beer, and having the best talks. It really has been a great summer so far. Honestly, I believe it has been so good because I have been so poor. I don't have the money to go out on the town and eat at all the cool places. Instead I sit in my backyard on my swing and read. Or eat at my picnic table for dinner. I cook my own food and make up my own entertainment. It's very freeing. I wear shorts and t-shirts and don't have to worry about looking trendy and cute. I just do what I want.
I love it.

Latley, I have come to realize the happiness that people bring. I think for a little while I had become a cynic when it came to people. I doubted many and looked down on some. This attitude really brought me down. So I think I just got sick of living like that and here I am now. Why not just be nice to people? Even if they have done stupid things. Some people don't understand this though. They believe that they need to fight their way through life. Which I guess could work for them. Yes, I do believe that there are moments to stand up for yourself. But there are also moments to just be quiet. To just sit back and let things work out.

If anything during these past few weeks, I have had a renewed sense of being. Of hope. I have realized that I am in life right now. That this life right now deserves my attention. I am a chronic daydreamer. I mean it's fun and all, but sometimes I forget about where I am at this moment.
I want passion for the everyday, the here and now.


“All of life is a foreign country.”-Jack Kerouac

No comments: